Friday, October 23, 2009

The Uncontrollable Tide


Shapes swirled in my mind. I am a constant doodler (psychological studies show that doodlers retain more information than those who don't). Scientific solace for the constantly wandering mind...

These shapes found themselves reappearing from my subconscious...a few I really had an affection for. They soon transformed themselves into themes. The ethereal clouds, the force of the waves. Soon ideas became something else...air, water, the fire of the sun and the earthly mountains. I really felt the ideas I had here would have been better suited for a lithograph, but the thought was there and I had to put it down. When I was nearly done, I added the ship to represent man's touch and the uncertainty of our ability to navigate through the uncontrollable. Here are a few of the inspirations, the painting, and we'll see if this leads elsewhere...

I painted the frame to further signify our earthly confines...

I will post some of the inspirational work very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment