Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kris and Kate


Sometimes things "are what they are" and "it is what it is." Here, you get to see the work in progress...three years later. I paint what I feel but then I have to live with it. This one will change like so many others. I love the shirt I painted. It is hard to tell here but it was put on thick, very quickly, and blended perfectly. I love it. I also enjoyed painting my brother and deconstructing his features. Even the background was fun. What I am not yet satisfied with is Kate. I have not yet done her justice. She is a beautiful woman. In fact, the perfect woman for my brother. There will be changes here, but I thought you might enjoy to participate in the process I go through. Either I will find perfection or this canvas will never leave me...in tact.

1 comment:

  1. you're lovely comment made me tear up. thank you for that! I can't wait to see the final product

    ReplyDelete